Southern Hills is looking for the pulpit minister God intends for us to have! If you are interested in applying for this role in our congregation, please study the below job description. If it describes you, the process is simple. Please download and fill out our questionnaire and send it along with your resume and any other information you feel is relevant to email@example.com
The elders of the Southern Hills Church of Christ in Franklin, TN are actively searching for a pulpit minister for our congregation. It is our desire to love the lost, to follow God’s word and remain faithful to the spirit and doctrines taught in the Bible without compromise to current sensibilities and political environment. Our pulpit minister must be a man with extensive knowledge of God’s word and a great capacity to love those who don’t understand the importance of following God. He must work with our ministry team and office staff to serve the church who meets here as a preacher, teacher, counselor and comforter. He is expected to serve as a role model by being a faithful Christian, someone who exhibits the love for people with a passion for evangelism, a humble person with the heart of a servant, as well as a self-motivator who is organized.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pulpit preaching
- Our pulpit minister will be responsible for preaching during most Sunday worship services as well as Wednesday evening devo.
- It is expected that sermons will be faithful interpretations of scripture with meaningful application.
- Needs to love instructing others in God’s word.
- Will teach Bible classes as assigned on most Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Assist individual members as they grow in the knowledge of God’s word.
- Congregational service
- Provide guidance and counseling services for members as need arises.
- Regularly visit those who are sick and in the hospital.
- Works to know members and develop the relationships necessary to understand where our members our spiritually and encourage growth.
- Community outreach
- Must love teaching the lost about Christ and be able to study with non-members in loving and patient way.
- Willing to visit with visitors.
- Participate in regional preacher groups to understand the issues that the church faces in our area.
- Work with evangelism deacons to inspire our members to personal evangelism.
- Collaborate with ministry team and office staff on a daily basis. Regular office hours are key to success.
- Write a weekly bulletin article.
- Participate in elder or deacon meeting as a support to decisions that need to be made.
- Personal growth
- Spend time daily in Bible study as preparation for sermons, classes and being ready to give a Biblical answer when asked difficult questions.
- Willing to attend lectureships, read books, etc. that encourage spiritual growth.
- Spend time daily in prayer.
Education and Experience
- Earned degree from an accredited university and/or school of preaching preferred.
- Experience growing a mature church both spiritually and numerically.
- Experience in bringing non-Christians in the community to Christ.